• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sign in to follow this  
AustinS

Verified trader rank.

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple concept. Tribot allows users to Buy a verified trader rank. ie, they pay $50, and get a 'Verified trader rank' worth $50. if they ever scam, whomever they scammed gets refunded up to that amount.

Pretty simple insurance policy, haha. :P

Clearly some people don't understand the basics *cough, below, Cough*.

Anways, Let's give an example.

I pay TriLez $500 Via WU.

He secures the payment, and gives me a $500 verified trader rank.

Users see my rank, and now know that I am 100% insured UP TO $500 Dollars.

***Possibly only available to those with a certain vouch amount (to avoid scams such as those stated by bas below) Post-count is NOT an accurate indicator of legitimacy, and should NOT be used.

benefits:

Peace of mind

Sort out scammers

Helps drive business for trusted members

Increase revenue for Tribot(?) (maybe charge $10 a month to upkeep said rank... Or I'm sure most users willing to pay for a verified rank wouldn't scam anways..)

Cons:

Extra work. -> I'm sure you could work this out very easily. :)

Edited by AustinS

so if two people who were friends faked a scam and said the other scammed him for 10k dollars they will refund it and both will make a profit?

/thread

You must be confused.

The payment would be secured, via WU, or another form of Chareback-proof transfers.. and then if said user was banned.. the person being scammed would be refunded up the the initial deposit.

Guest JamelxD

Nice idea but I don't think It'll go well ; It'll take a lot of staff attention to run this system. I think there should be a verified trader rank though but gained with like 100+ feedback as well as a certain post count.

Edited by JamelxD

You must be confused.

The payment would be secured, via WU, or another form of Chareback-proof transfers.. and then if said user was banned.. the person being scammed would be refunded up the the initial deposit.

You must be confused.

what if the initial deposit was 10k?

also don't tribot have better things to do such as fix randoms, fix the mac version, fix the store, fix the whole bot...

Nice idea but I don't think It'll go well ;. It'll take a lot of staff attention to run this system. I think there should be a verified trader rank though but gained with like 100+ feedback as well as a certain post count.

Feedback, and post count hardly attribute to the trustworthyness of an individual. Both can be fakes, or obtained with very little work.

You must be confused.

what if the initial deposit was 10k?

also don't tribot have better things to do such as fix randoms, fix the mac version, fix the store, fix the whole bot...

Then the user would lose his 10,000 deposit, be banned from Tribot, and the trader would be refunded his 10,000? What part of this is confusing you?

This would not negatively effect TriBot at all, because they have no financial stake in it whatsoever. It's completely based off the Traders willingness to prove their trustworthyness.

I think I see where you are confused.. Let me try to explain.

Let's  set this up to what I think you're thinking.

I pay TriBot $500 for rank.

"we" decide to scam(?) lol.

So you sell me 200M 07 Gp for $500.

I scammed you.

TriLez gives you $500.

Oh wait, soo.. where did TriBot lose any money? they don't. The only thing lost would be the traders account, vouches, PC, etc. It would be a waste of time. No financial gain can be obtained through abusing such a system.

Edited by AustinS

No,

let's say you have a 500$ rank.

Me, and two other people want to buy 500$ from you. you'd be trusted with 1500$ at once.

Along with that, the time it takes to get scam reports on this site is awfully long.

No support..

It is an idea. There are so many people scamming/getting scammed. They are coming out with a feedback system supposedly but this could also be handy.

I would say a certain post count + vouches that you can show a mod+mod verifies that they're all different people = a rank that can just state that you're trusted or have reliable feedback.

^ I think that might be a better idea than your idea of giving a certain amount of insurance money..although I can't say that it's a bad idea either.

Guest JamelxD

I agree with the certain post count + vouches. Staff have more important things to sort out rather than a trade system at this current moment.

Nice! I like this idea. Basically, if someone who has Trusted Trader Credits scams, then they will be banned, and the person who was scammed, given that they provide proof of being scammed, will be refunded out of the scammer's "Trusted Trader Credits" and now that the scammer has been banned, Trilez would get to keep the remaining "Trusted Trader Credits"

That's a really nice idea. It's pretty much an insurance policy, not guaranteeing that you wont be scammed, but garunteeing that if you are scammed, you will get refunded from the scammer's "trusted trader credits."

There should also be a rank for people who do not pay money for Trusted Trader Credits, but are known to be a trusted trade, that way it is still fair for the people who do not want to pay the money for the credits, yet want to be trusted.

I summed it up because a few people seemed confused.

5/5!

I hope this can be put into action!!!

• Like 1

Nice! I like this idea. Basically, if someone who has Trusted Trader Credits scams, then they will be banned, and the person who was scammed, given that they provide proof of being scammed, will be refunded out of the scammer's "Trusted Trader Credits" and now that the scammer has been banned, Trilez would get to keep the remaining "Trusted Trader Credits"

That's a really nice idea. It's pretty much an insurance policy, not guaranteeing that you wont be scammed, but garunteeing that if you are scammed, you will get refunded from the scammer's "trusted trader credits."

There should also be a rank for people who do not pay money for Trusted Trader Credits, but are known to be a trusted trade, that way it is still fair for the people who do not want to pay the money for the credits, yet want to be trusted.

I summed it up because a few people seemed confused.

5/5!

I hope this can be put into action!!!

EXACTLY, Except I would rather not use "Credits" ;)

He was referring to a system where a user would receive a trust title based on the deposit they sent in.

50 dollars was the example.

Correct me if I am wrong.

That is correct. and $50 is not "steep" for being a verified trader on this website, LOL.

I like this idea and support Verified Trader Rank 100% but  it should NOT be buyable. First in order for this to work there would need to be an Automated Vouch system implemented first, then, Once you have aqcuired a certain amount of vouches/sales up to a certain amount of money you will be reviewed by a High up Staff member. Once they go through all your trades/ vouches and if they deem you safe/ trusted you get a Verified Sale rank.. Would be an awesome thing if implemented right.