Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sign in to follow this  
Threebot

Warning points for no real reason (to my mind)

Username: Threebot
Reason: Blade gave me 2 warning points for saying "wise advise from a banned guy"
Issueing authority: Blade

link to the thread : https://tribot.org/forums/index.php?/topic/15303-understand-supply-and-demand-botters/page-1#entry210425

Explanation: In my point of view it's exactely the same as saying "I don't agree with your statement" or "I agree with your statement" In this case it thought it was a bit ironic in my point of view. He was giving advise which I didn't agree with for a fully 100% but afterwards I noticed that he was banned. So I didn't bother posting a whole explanation of why I didn't agree. I decided to post :"Lol, wise advise from a banned guy ^^" Which indicated that I didn't agree with his statement. At least that's what I ment by saying that. I had absolutely no intention to spam the thread, which was what blade made of it. I thought it is Obvious that you can express your opinion In eather an ironic or a formative way. We are all here, as botters, to have some fun and maybe do some business.. But I mean.. Can't you express yourself, ever, in a sarcastic way? Does every single post have to be written like you would write a letter to your boss?

No offence he blade, but if you call that 'spam' than 95% of the posts here could be reported as spam. Not to be rude or so but I could provide you 1001 examples if you want so.. Some examples I've found by looking 1min on 1 thread (probably all people who didnt receive any warning point) :

Wrong

hahahaha

GG phat prices.

gg us rip 

Shut up all you have to do is wait till it's hopped all the worlds and click always allow each time, don't listen to this idiot.

I'm really feeling like you are keeping an eye on me, blade. I think you've acted a bit too fast but no offence, mate!

Thank you very much for understanding,

YOURS SINCERELY,

Threebot.

Edited by Threebot
  • Like 1

As far as "keeping an eye on you" that simply isn't true, I happened to see the post and marked it as spam, it's simple.  I don't discriminate and neither does the rest of the staff team.

Marking the others as spam now, thanks.

As far as "keeping an eye on you" that simply isn't true, I happened to see the post and marked it as spam, it's simple.  I don't discriminate and neither does the rest of the staff team.

Marking the others as spam now, thanks.

That were just a couple of examples out of 100s if not 1000s of such posts. (which can be seen as spam, but I really don't see why my post can be compared to those)

That's why I really felt supervised.

I might be wrong but I would really apreciate the warning points being removed.

I'm sure everyone with a decent amount of posts has posted his opinion on one or an other thread (which can be seen as "spam" as of from now on?)

So everyone will be handed out free warning points now? I think those are ment for real issues in the tribot community. (In before receiving more warining points now for expressing my opnion on this)

Thank you.

Edited by Threebot

I'm thinking of making spam 1 point instead of 2, because I'm a nazi about it.  On that note, linking this to staff chat for opinions on your case and spam in general.

Staff, we can go two ways.

A. don't warn for spam unless it's trolling, hateful, etc.

B. bring warn points to 1 for spam and be a nazi about it

We also need to have that warnings expire in 1 month unless it's a perm ban.

I'm thinking of making spam 1 point instead of 2, because I'm a nazi about it.  On that note, linking this to staff chat for opinions on your case and spam in general.

Staff, we can go two ways.

A. don't warn for spam unless it's trolling, hateful, etc.

B. bring warn points to 1 for spam and be a nazi about it

We also need to have that warnings expire in 1 month unless it's a perm ban.

Yes, that's what you can say at least.

I've opened an other random thread (with only 2 pages of posts)

What I found :

Supply and demand has nothing to do with it

Incorrect.

Nop im right.

Beat that arguement

Your so wrong I dont even. 

Ahh

Going down the hill my friend.

More spam?

You really should hand out every single member of tribot some warning points if I get warning points for this comment.

I'm sure even staff may have posted so called "spam" in your eyes. I won't get further into this though, I'll wait untill someone else posts his comment about this.

Ps : not something personal against you he, blade. Actually I like you as a mod BUT I think you're a bit exaggerating over here..

Thank you,

Threebot.

Edited by Threebot

This Is ridiculous. The new staff seems to be on a rage spree or something. I understand "moderating" not "dictating"

Blade, in all honesty, which btw, I have a right to an opinion. You truly need to take these awfully exaggerated bans and warning points and shove them.

My main was banned for 7 days for a petty argument. That's hardcore. This site has made sooo much money, yet they cannot fix randoms/hire someone who can, they cannot find appropriate staff, they bury all the scripts that are working and put them in hidden archives or "The dump", and they simply do not handle "moderating" correctly.

I have moderated, administrated, and even coowned several private servers, especially some highly recognizeable and successful ones I might add. I understand you guys banned me for cursing or whatever, but... this isn't rs. Your old enough to bot, your old enough to cuss. My suggestion would be to grow up, remove the points from this guy, and go ahead and unban me while your at it.

Either way, I really do not care, just like you don't care. Your a mod, im a botter, and like Threebots sig: Life goes on. I just have to remember not to post anything for fear of being banned by people worse than j-mods.

Blade, in all honesty, which btw, I have a right to an opinion. You truly need to take these awfully exaggerated bans and warning points and shove them.

Permed on both accounts for evasion.  Sorry for bringing this on your thread threebot, we'll hopefully reach a conclusion on the spamming soon.

Permed on both accounts for evasion.  Sorry for bringing this on your thread threebot, we'll hopefully reach a conclusion on the spamming soon.

It doesn't really matter to me blade. He used a rather rude language, which can't be tollerated ofcourse. He is not completely right in what he says but I think he has a point there..

I understand why he's upset, and it's reasonable, but it's really out of my hands.  I just happen to be the mod who sees most of the evasion and the final ruling on cases which makes me appear as the "bad guy."  The appeals process is here for a reason and as long as you aren't a scammer or malicious intending user, we won't push permanent bans for most reasons.

I understand why he's upset, and it's reasonable, but it's really out of my hands.  I just happen to be the mod who sees most of the evasion and the final ruling on cases which makes me appear as the "bad guy."  The appeals process is here for a reason and as long as you aren't a scammer or malicious intending user, we won't push permanent bans for most reasons.

I completely agree with the statement that evaders and scammers need to be banned or handed out warning points if they attempt to do so. But still I do NOT agree with you being a nazi (you've admitted that yourself) about rediculous things, which are no treat nor something annoying AT ALL. This just discourages the talking on the forums, which is not good for the tribot community AT ALL. One thing I want to say here is what 99,99% of the people see as spam is something like : "@@@@@!??!,[email protected]@@" but not something like "thank you" or "I do not agree with your statement" or "Wise advise from a banned guy ^^". If people risk banns/warnings for just talking with fellow botters or sharing their exepience/thoughts about something, there is something not right. I do understand that you maybe want to get promotion to admin or so, and therefor want to prove yourself but you know, it's never a good thing to exaggerate. Like in real life, if you are a cop and you want to become a commisare or so, they want to prove themself by starting to hand out fines for the smallest things. While the big criminals are all out there, don't getting anything.. Well, you get my point, right?  no1 is perfect, neither am I or you, but you should be a bit reasonable....

I completely agree with the statement that evaders and scammers need to be banned or handed out warning points if they attempt to do so. But still I do NOT agree with you being a nazi (you've admitted that yourself) about rediculous things, which are no treat nor something annoying AT ALL. This just discourages the talking on the forums, which is not good for the tribot community AT ALL. One thing I want to say here is what 99,99% of the people see as spam is something like : "@@@@@!??!,[email protected]@@" but not something like "thank you" or "I do not agree with your statement" or "Wise advise from a banned guy ^^". If people risk banns/warnings for just talking with fellow botters or sharing their exepience/thoughts about something, there is something not right. I do understand that you maybe want to get promotion to admin or so, and therefor want to prove yourself but you know, it's never a good thing to exaggerate. Like in real life, if you are a cop and you want to become a commisare or so, they want to prove themself by starting to hand out fines for the smallest things. While the big criminals are all out there, don't getting anything.. Well, you get my point, right?  no1 is perfect, neither am I or you, but you should be a bit reasonable....

Apart from we can take on the big criminals as well as the small ones.

It was just an example to point out that you may want to do rediculous things if you want promotion. And it depends on what you call 'small and big criminals' here. In fact you guys run a major botting site, which is completely against jagex's rules so you may consider you guys are 'big criminals' too. No offence but just to point out that it is all a matter of perception.. Or there should be more strict rules like : "no expression of opinions" or you should be a bit more reasonable..