Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

MG-Blogheader-avoid-getting-hacked1.jpg

by Dreaming 

The Tribot Guide Series #1

Even though most of you probably know these tactics, some of you don't. This is going to be an in depth guide about how to keep your Runescape account safe, and I will go over pretty much every technique of how your account can be compromised, and how to prevent it.

How to protect your account:

1. Register a damn email:

If someone gets on your account and you have not registered an email, it's pretty much game over. Once their email is linked to your account, chances of getting the account back are slim to none. Having your email also strongly boosts your chances of recovering your account in the event that it is compromised.

2. BANK PIN:

This is my most important point. Most people fail to understand the importance of one of these bad boys, and see them more as a burden. Bank pins will save your life though, take my word for it. Unless your hacker has you ratted and have a pin logger on you, they won't be getting into your bank.

3. Deposit items before logging out:

I know it may sound a bit paranoid, but if you have the slightest suspicion that someone may have your info I would recommend banking all items of value before logging out, so that they're safe and sound. This is assuming that you followed step 2, and you have a bank pin.

Those are just the basics of how to ensure safety in the event that someone does have your information. In the next section I'll go over how to ensure that you're 100% safe, and no one ever gets your information to begin with. 

How to decrease the risk of getting hacked:

1. Phishing:

Probably Runescape's biggest plague right now is phishing. Don't get caught in the trap! I don't care how similar the URL looks to an actual Runescape URL. 99% of the time, a link in a YouTube video description is a phishing link. Always look at the URL, and make sure you have the green secure box. If that isn't there you're probably being phished. In Runescape, you'll see a lot of people spamming "free 1m to join a clan, look up "video" on YouTube". Don't even do that, it's just a phishing scam. Also, the most complex one to identify is an email phishing scam. In these cases, an email can contain a link that is identical to the Runescape URL. Upon clicking the link, you may notice the URL displayed is not the same URL that you saw in your email. This too, is a phishing scam.

2. Keyloggers / RATs:

Not as common, yet still fairly common. Don't download bots you find off of youtube, or anywhere for that matter. Most .exe, or even .bat files typically are a RAT or keylogger. Bot clients will be a .Jar file, not a .exe. On that note if you're looking for trusted Runescape bots, I would recommend TriBot.

Here is a full guide from Zybez:

RAT

RAT stands for Remote Administration Tool and were originally created for remote support of computers but has later on been abused by people to trick people to download them and gain access to their PC. A rat works the way that you infect a file with your RAT, and when someone downloads and run it in most cases it will start a connection between the infected PC and a server or the hackers computer. With that connection the hacker can do anything he wants to you. A few common things to do is steal players passwords, take control of their mouse and keyboard, write custom error messages and make them look like windows errors and turn on peoples webcam.
You get on a RAT by downloading their infected file, therefore you should never download or click any links that you dont know what is. Im mentioning links because of the so called "Drive by" viruses. Everytime you visit a website there will be some material, example a picture that you need to download and load before entering the site. Some people has succed putting their RAT's inside these source codes.
So basicly it creates a connection between yours and the hackers computer and from there he has the same control of your computer as you have which makes it extremly dangerous to your computer. Another good tip is to never leave your computer unlocked as you never know whats on your computer.

Keyloggers

A keylogger works like a RAT allthough it dosent have the same features. All it does it listen on your PC for entered usernames and passwords. When you type in a username or password the keylogger logs it and usually sends it to the hackers PC or a FTP server or email address. You get it the same way as a RAT and just like the RAT it creates a connection. Not much more to say about them.

How do i protect myself?

Well my best guess would be to stay updated. Never run without a fully updated OS. Update your drivers, java version, flash version and what ever you might have. Get a good security program, having a free antivirus program wont fully protect you. You need a firewall and spyware detecting aswell. My advice is to get a program that costs money, but think about it this way. You pay $75 - $100 once a year and then you will most likely never have any problems. Or you can run with the free program and when the disaster happens you need to pay the double to get your computer repaired at your local computer shop. If you dont know what to buy i will personally advice you to buy BullGuard Internet Security. It costs about $100 and there is a 60 days free trial. They recently won the award for the best internet security program on the market with a detection rate of 100%.
By experience i know that people never listens when it comes to IT. Well at least not before the disaster is out and i have to spend my time helping them, so if you really want to run a free program i will advice Avast Anti Virus as it is one of the best 'free' programs on the market.

Im on a Rat or a Keylogger - What do i do?

We'll theres alot of things to do. RAT's and Keyloggers are usually not that advanced to remove as 95% of them (specially the ones used for rs) are made by script kiddies with no knownledge about them. The first thing to do is to track the file. Somewhere on the computer a file is placed running the RAT/Keylogger process. press CTRL+ALT+DELTE click Taskmanager, a window should pop up. Click on the tab called Processes. Now you will see all the running processes on your computer.

All programs has a process running attracted to it. Any running program process will be displayed there. Now theres just one thing to do. By the time you will learn how to know if a process is harmless, if you do not know my advice would be to Google all of them one by one until you find alot of results containing "malicious software". When you find the process right click it and go into Options and find the placement of the actual file, write it down.
End the process. When you have done that you are safe until you reboot your computer. What you have done is that you have ended the connection between you and the hacker allthough next time you start your computer the process will start up along with windows. Thats what we need to look at now.
Go into Start > Run and type "msconfig" a box should appear. Go into the tab called "Startup" all the programs that loads along with windows should appear. Somewhere here the file is. Often called the same as the process which is usual something completely random that should be easy to spot out. If you cant find it, google it. Google is always your best friend. You can find anything by searching it.
When you have found the malicious program remove it and click Apply. Now you can reboot your computer without being on the RAT/Keylogger. So basicly you have disabled the program so no connection will be made between the hacker and your computer. Now you can run a virus scan and check if it finds something. Otherwise delete the file that you wrote down when you right clicked the process and went into options to find out where the file was placed. If you for some reason cannot do the above because a hacker is controlling your mouse you could try and boot up in safe mode. Booting your computer in safe mode means that the system will only boot up with the neccessary processes and drivers. Therefore the RAT/Keylogger should not work there.

3. Java Drive By (JDB):

These are some of the most sneaky attempts at getting your info. A Java Drive By is a virus (Keylogger or RAT) hidden inside a Java applet. Have you ever played a Runescape Private Server, or even Runescape, and seen the little Java pop up that you have to click "Run" on? Well, a Java Drive By looks identical. People often spread these using their "Private Servers". When you click "Run" or "Allow" on the Java Applet, you are secretly allowing their files onto your computer. My advice would be not to trust any programs with a Java pop up unless it is Runescape, or a trusted private server you have played. If you want to tell for sure, you can view the page source of the "Private server" and search for a .exe file. This doesn't work 100% of the time as the file isn't always present in the HTML, but if it is, you know it's a JDB. If you don't find any results for a .exe file, it could still very well be a JDB. Deal with EXTREME CAUTION around Java pop ups.

I believe I have covered pretty much everything I know of. If you have anything else you think should be added, or if you find any mistakes in this thread, please don't hesitate to let me know. I could easily have forgotten something, so go ahead and point out anything you feel the need to to me.

Edited by Dreaming
  • Like 3

So, this was my thread that I wrote and posted on a forum that is no longer active. I NEVER gave Dreaming permission to use this thread, and I was just getting ready to post it myself, when I saw something was stickied already.

I clicked here figuring my guide would beat it, only to see my own guide written in my own words. What the fuck is this shit?

EDIT: To add to that, I think it's hilarious that he didn't even bother to cut out this portion "On that note if you're looking for trusted Runescape bots, I would recommend TriBot."

That just goes to show that he got it off a different forum. From ME. This is a shame to see :(

Edited by Vorpallix

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Optimus
      Optimus AIO Firemaker is a free All In One Firemaking script that's efficient and easy to use.
      Overview:
      Start the script with one click. It will automatically detect which logs to use from your inventory or bank, and progressively train your firemaking until you run out of logs.

~ Withdraws tinderbox if you don't have one
      ~ Supports all logs types
      ~ Progressive training - Will automatically start burning better logs if they're available
      ~ Smart algorithm to detect best area to burn
      ~ One-tick burning
      ~ Logs out when out of logs
      ~ ABC2 Antiban
      ~ Sleek paint
      ~ Lit AF 
      Supports 8 different locations:
      (The script will automatically detect the nearest location)
      ~ Varrock West
      ~ Varrock East
      ~ Grand Exchange North
      ~ Grand Exchange South
      ~ Falador East
      ~ Draynor Village
      ~ Duel Arena
      ~ Seers Village
      ~ More to come (Open to suggestions).
      Gallery:

Free repository link:

Hope you all enjoy the script! Feedback is appreciated  
    • By Slipping
      Swap Cartel - DMM
      We are the most active and reliable community-based Deadman mode swapping discord at the moment. With over 4B GP handled in the past year, we have expanded and opened a discord to make trading and swapping on DMM easier and safer for everyone who chooses to do so. Our swaps are insured up to 75M with ranks, and Middleman services are free. We will be hosting a 100M giveaway at the end of the 2019 Spring Season for the two best/most active discord recruiters. Are you looking for a place to sell your Deadman Mode gold/items, or just to hang around with your fellow deadmen?

Then join the discord here: https://discord.gg/SJVscPt
    • By Slipping
      Swap Cartel - DMM
      We are the most active and reliable community-based Deadman mode swapping discord at the moment. With over 4B GP handled in the past year, we have expanded and opened a discord to make trading and swapping on DMM easier and safer for everyone who chooses to do so. Our swaps are insured up to 75M with ranks, and Middleman services are free. We will be hosting a 100M giveaway at the end of the 2019 Spring Season for the two best/most active discord recruiters. Are you looking for a place to sell your Deadman Mode gold/items, or just to hang around with your fellow deadmen?

Then join the discord here: https://discord.gg/SJVscPt

By Guest
      Have you been banned yet?
      I'm not a newbie, I really want to purchase the extended for the looking glass feature. My plan is to run it for about 2-3hrs with a few hours in between as breaks. Never exceeding 3 hours of continuous boting. I want to use it on my main account so I'm wondering if using looking glass with these boting habits will keep me being detected extremely low. I'm also not just going to leave it running and turn off the screen, I'll be watching it for errors and such as I play other games. Also with the added looking glass feature and the human like mouse movements and the breaks, how could they even detect the boting? 
    • By YoHoJo
      More Runescape Botting Guides at https://RSBotSpot.com
      Join our Runescape Botting Discord chat channel here
      Original/Updated Article here at RSBotSpot
      This guide contains affiliate links
      How to Use TRiBot Looking Glass & Bot though the Official Runescape Client
      TRiBot’s Looking Glass feature allows you to bot through the official Runescape client by hooking onto and controlling it. Looking glass also supports proxies for botting & other clients like OSBuddy.
      While there’s no evidence that TRiBot is detectable, this feature was released as a form of antiban for users worried about the potential detectability of botting clients. Botters seem to be torn 50⁄50 about the effectiveness of Looking Glass on bans, but it never hurts to have some extra protection. This guide will cover how to use TRiBot Looking Glass to bot through the official Runescape client!
      1. Install Java Development Kit (JDK)
      Download and install JDK here. I will be using 32 bit JDK 8u151.
      Java Development Kit Download
      At the time of writing, only Java 8 is supported. 2. Load Runescape & TRiBot
      Load Runescape up to the login screen, and TRiBot up to the client select screen.
      3. Start Looking Glass
      On TRiBot, click the “New Client (Looking Glass)” button.
      Hooking TRiBot to the Official Runescape Client
      4.(Optional) Set a Proxy
      If you’re using a proxy for runescape botting, now’s the time to apply it. To do this: right click the client’s tab on TRiBot, and select “Set Proxy”.
      TRiBot Looking Glass Set Proxy
      That’s it, you’re done!
      Your TRiBot client is now hooked onto the official client, and you’re ready to start botting Runescape!
      Helpful Links:
      You can find out more about TRiBot’s Looking Glass feature on it’s release thread here You can find out more about using proxies with TRiBot Looking Glass here You can find more working Java/Client version combinations reported here  More setup guides: By Einstein
      Note: Some threads are only visible to TRiBot VIP users. Our Favorite Runescape Botting Proxy Providers
      We've tested and had great results with Runescape botting proxies from:
      Blazing Proxy (Use code RSBOTSPOT to save 5% recurring!)(CHEAPEST) Virmach (Use code SAVE20 to save 20% on your first order!) Proxy Fish (Use code OSBOT20 to save 20% on your first order!) Your Private Proxy Our Other Guides:
      All About Proxies for Runescape Botting How to Create and Register Runescape Bot Accounts Through a Proxy How to Use Proxies With TRiBot How to Expand your Goldfarm with a Botting VPS How to Unlock your Runescape Bot Account
    • By TristanWPA
      Hey Everyone!

I have been trying out many different methods for gold farming on OSRS with various degrees of success. I have some successful long term / higher level "safe" bots, and I have begun to experiment with "Suicide botting".
      Just curious to know, with regards to gold farming, which option the community thinks is better / has had the best experience with?
      - High volume of suicide bots / low gp per hour tasks / low investment
      - High volume suicide bots / med - high gp per hour tasks / p2p with high initial gp investment to get started or high skill req
      - Long term focused bots following safe botting practices / med - high gp per hour targets / varying req / private or custom scripts 
      - Long term focused bots following safe botting practices / low - high gp per hour targets / varying req / public scripts
      - EDIT:  Combination of the above methods for a balanced overall gold farming system

Let me know your thoughts! - No specifics related to your private botting tasks / methods required
      By Guest
      hey guys, I recently purchased the most expensive thieving script on tribot, later to realise after thinking it covered "everything" it was missing the main function I bought the script for
      I am looking for a great wallsafe thieving script, it is a great money maker and feel it would be popular on tribot
    • By boiiparanoia
      I ran the exNMZ bot last night and all went well for about 3 hours until I had come back and seen my acc naked in lumby and my dharok, fury and b ring gone and my bank pin attempted to be removed. Whats up with that? not the first time it's happened either, I was hacked for about 50m when running USA's agility bot. Has this happened to anyone  else?
    • By saulszinc
      Hey guys this is the first in my new series Botting For Profit OSRS:  

• Our picks

• Gradle is a build tool used to accelerate developer productivity.

We recently setup a Maven repository (TRiBot Central) to make it easier for scripters to create scripts. Check it out here: https://gitlab.com/trilez-software/tribot/tribot-central/-/packages

Furthermore, we've released a simple Gradle project to make it easy to run TRiBot and develop scripts for it. Check it out here: https://gitlab.com/trilez-software/tribot/tribot-gradle-launcher

The goals of TRiBot Central are to:

Deliver updates to TRiBot faster

Better organize TRiBot's dependencies (AKA dependancies)

Make it easier to develop scripts for TRiBot

Make it easier to use and run TRiBot

Note: TRiBot won't be able to run scripts from within this project until TRiBot's next release.
      • 8 replies
    • Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience in this transition period. Since last week, we've worked out the remaining bugs with this integration.

Some users have still been having issues with connecting their forums account to their Auth0 account. To resolve this, we've imported all forums accounts into Auth0.

Unfortunately, the accounts which were imported today were using an unsupported password hashing algorithm. Hence, random passwords were set during the import.

What does this mean for me?

If you've previously linked your forums account to your Auth0 account, you don't have to do anything. Nothing changes for you.

If you haven't logged in via our new login yet,

Try logging in with your forums email address and the last password you used

If you are unable to login, please use the "Forgot password" tool on the login page:
      Follow the instructions to reset your password

• thonking
      • 13 replies
    • Hello everyone,

Last week we tried to roll out Auth0 Login, but we lost that battle. Now it's time to win the war!

Important changes

When logging into the client, you'll now have to enter your Auth0 account credentials instead of your forums credentials

Note: 2FA is still handled through your forums account (for the time being)

Changes for existing users

You'll have to link your Auth0 account to your forums account here: https://tribot.org/forums/settings/login/?service=11

Auth0 accounts have been created for most existing users. Please use your forums email address and password to login.

Important notes

Make sure to verify your email address upon creating a new Auth0 account

When we mention your Auth0 account, we mean your account used for auth.tribot.org as displayed below
      • 81 replies
    • To better support the upcoming changes (TRiBot X, new repository), we're switching our login handler to Auth0. Instead of logging in with the standard form, you'll now be required to login through our Auth0 application.

All existing accounts which have been used within approximately the past year have been imported into Auth0 using the same email and password combination which has been stored on the forums.

What does this mean for users?

Your account credentials are now even more securely stored

You'll be able to login via Facebook, Google, and others in the future

Is there anything users have to do differently now?

Existing users: You'll have to login with the standard login, open your Account Settings, then link your Auth0 account

New users: You'll be redirected to our Auth0 app (auth.tribot.org) where you'll be able to create an account

Why was this change made?

The new apps we are creating (such as the new repository) aren't able to use the forums to handle user logins

To centralize all user accounts in one area

To ensure that the client login doesn't go down when the forums are having problems

To speed up our development

Other considerations

There's no documentation or official support for using Invision Community combined with Auth0, so there are still a few kinks we're working out

We're in the works of creating an account management panel specifically for Auth0 accounts (ETA August)

It's not possible to change email addresses for the time being (this will be resolved this August)

Changing passwords is a weird process for the time being. To change your password, you'll have to use the "Don't remember your password" tool on the Auth0 login page
      • 11 replies
    • Over the past month, we've been working hard on TRiBot's new repository - a much needed update. This change has been deemed necessary for TRiBot X, and will allow us to really speed up development of all aspects of TRiBot.

Today we are going to share what we've been working on!

Now you must be wondering what kind of features the new repository will have.... well, you'll have to be patient for a little while longer. We're still figuring out various technical aspects so we can't provide answers to all possible questions. We're also focusing on development rather than writing about it so that everyone can get access to our latest developments at lightning speed. I will however answer a few users' questions.

We're planning on a release of this early to mid August, giving users some goodies before TRiBot X's release.

Thank you all for being patient. I hope everyone is excited as much as I am!
      • 17 replies