• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

Sign in to follow this  
Virt

Montreal's Private Proxy

Scammer's Username: @Montreal
Link to Scammer's TriBot Profile: https://tribot.org/forums/profile/10370-montreal/
Chat/Discussion Methods: i bought few proxies from his site and i contacted him via email 
Chat Username(If Applicable)*: 
Describe in detail in your words what happened: so i bought few proxies off his site, and i asked him to whitelist it for me, my ip have changed and he said that it's whitelisted, but i could still use it on tribot and on maxathon with no problems!
Evidence**:
Other:  

Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:37 PM
To: omar leo
Subject: Re: 2 proxies that i've purchased From [email protected]

Hi, thanks for letting us know about the email issue. Our Dev will look into and fix it. As for the whitelisting, the IP requested is now whitelisted.

On Oct 26, 2016 7:37 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
I've purchased 2 proxies, how ever i did not recieve them in my inbox/spam folder either, i want them whitelisted on this ip 5.107.113.192

so this is the first email i've sent, the proxy includes username and password, my cousin who live in france has tried them after the whitelisting and it's working
i also asked fluffee to try them @iFluffee
and @Netami
they both tried them and said it worked for them
i can give any mod the proxy or the email he has sent me in full or the proxies in private.
or any proof of others using the proxy

Edited by iFluffee
  • Like 1

When you whitelisted the IP it can be used without user and pass. If you include the user and password, no whitelist is needed as you used another form of authentication.

I whitelisted the IP under the assumption you needed to access the proxy without user and pass.

You also submitted the wrong IP for whitelisting, then submitted the new IP in the middle of the night and followed up with a ticket complaining the right IP was not whitelisted.

Our ticket hours are 5-11PM eastern. The site says we aim to respond within 24 hours.

If you had submitted a ticket regarding this I could have told you all this privately.

Edited by Montreal

2 minutes ago, Montreal said:

When you whitelisted the IP it can be used without user and pass. If you include the user and password, no whitelist is needed as you used another form of authentication.

I whitelisted the IP under the assumption you needed to access the proxy without user and pass.

You also submitted the wrong IP for whitelisting, then submitted the new IP in the middle of the night and followed up with a ticket complaining the right IP was not whitelisted.

Our ticket hours are 5-11PM eastern. The site says we aim to respond within 24 hours.

If you had submitted a ticket regarding this I could have told you all this privately.

all the user/password/port is the same for the proxies i've purchased at different timing

whitelist ip is supposed to work only for the ip that u asked for no matter if u ask for user or pass thats how other proxy providers do it

i didn't submit the wrong ip i just said my ip has changed and wanted to whitelist another ip

anyone can try different ip subnets and get in using ur proxy without a problem if that's the case theres no security in that matter or what u call private proxies/whitelisting

19 minutes ago, leoshiro said:

all the user/password/port is the same for the proxies i've purchased at different timing

whitelist ip is supposed to work only for the ip that u asked for no matter if u ask for user or pass thats how other proxy providers do it

i didn't submit the wrong ip i just said my ip has changed and wanted to whitelist another ip

anyone can try different ip subnets and get in using ur proxy without a problem if that's the case theres no security in that matter or what u call private proxies/whitelisting

As I said. Your understanding of the whitelist feature is incorrect. The whitelist allows you to connect with only IP and Port authenticating with your IP. User and pass are different authentication methods.  If you want just IP authentication then we can remove the user and pass. That however, is not what you asked for.

1 hour ago, Montreal said:

As I said. Your understanding of the whitelist feature is incorrect. The whitelist allows you to connect with only IP and Port authenticating with your IP. User and pass are different authentication methods.  If you want just IP authentication then we can remove the user and pass. That however, is not what you asked for.

Other proxy host use the whitelist feature as a security measure to prevent brute force and other users to enter the proxy. You state your proxies are 100% private yet all the info port/user/pass are the same. And with past history of your business linking to this feature

it clearly has not worked. As a client, my first and foremost concern is getting what I paid for, same goes for your tribot client as i told u in the email u need to clear things out!

Other proxy host use the whitelist feature as a security measure to prevent brute force and other users to enter the proxy. You state your proxies are 100% private yet all the info port/user/pass are the same. And with past history of your business linking to this feature

it clearly has not worked. As a client, my first and foremost concern is getting what I paid for, same goes for your tribot client as i told u in the email u need to clear things out!

if you whitelist a proxy, you still cannot login that proxy using user/password because that IP is not authenticated. SSH will block out any alien IP that will try to authenticate via user/password, hence why it's called whitelisting. 

the reason why whitelisting works better than user/password is because SSH bruce force is very easily done, and since all my pass's and user's are the same anyone can hack easily into these proxies

By whitelisting an IP, it prevents users from randomly guessing root user and root password, because it blocks them if their IP is not registered as valid.
If someone were to try to login via SSH using ur root user/ root password, and u whitelisted it, it would rebound and would not let anyone enter

source: http://blog.rackspace.com/securing-your-ssh-server

1 hour ago, Montreal said:

This is true, but if you whitelist and use user and password to login it will not work, because it is whitelisted

Once again. You are telling me how other businesses whitelist work. That is not how our whitelist works, because you assume something does not make it true.

The passwords are not all the same as you claim, and we have security features in place to prevent brute forcing that I am happy to share with staff but not publicly as that would help users circumvent it.

I did change the whitelisted and password for you, if you would like customer support post a ticket. It has nothing to do with this dispute.

As I've said, you misunderstood how our whitelist works. We've done nothing nefarious or shady, you jumped the gun and filed a dispute before asking in a ticket.

As for you posting that topic. That was another business. Since has closed. The new proxy business is allowed to run because we have placed security protocols to make sure things like brute forcing doesn't happen.

I know I'm technically not supposed to post here, but I just want to state that I have purchased many proxies from Montreal and they almost never have the same port, username, and pw. If I order a set of 20, as an example, those might all have the same port, username, and pw. However my next set would often times have different ones. I had a deal with him recently and he would request that I provide alternate usernames/pws for the proxies that I was requesting because it assisted in the organization of his system. 

I doubt he is responsible for anything nefarious, I believe that you (leo) just were used to a different system and expected Montreal's to be exactly the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FALSkills said:

I know I'm technically not supposed to post here, but I just want to state that I have purchased many proxies from Montreal and they almost never have the same port, username, and pw. If I order a set of 20, as an example, those might all have the same port, username, and pw. However my next set would often times have different ones. I had a deal with him recently and he would request that I provide alternate usernames/pws for the proxies that I was requesting because it assisted in the organization of his system. 

I doubt he is responsible for anything nefarious, I believe that you (leo) just were used to a different system and expected Montreal's to be exactly the same.

to add further to this, each set of 10 have the same authentication. However none of the 10 are the same subnet or sequential. Meaning it cannot be guessed or brute forced. You also get a mix per order, especially on our new and improved system. 

We also offer as you said the option to change your user and pass via ticket and even the option to connect via IP authentication (whitelisting). Which is what the user requested. 

This is nothing more than him not understanding what our whitelist system was for and does and then making false inferences and instead of submitting a ticket which would have provided him clarification he went straight to a public dispute.

There's not much more to be said here. We only provide private proxies and we have security protocols in place. We time name change and whitelisted options to anyone who wishes to. I truly try to go above and beyond and appreciate all of our customers.

Edited by Montreal

59 minutes ago, Montreal said:

This is nothing more than him not understanding what our whitelist system was for and does and then making false inferences and instead of submitting a ticket which would have provided him clarification he went straight to a public dispute.

as i have told you in the email, and i'll tell you again, i'm not benefiting anything from this, why would i open a dispute if i don't know what i'm asking for?

you keep saying that like i'm your enemy or something, as i said in the email im trying to clarify everything so tribot members know that, u didnt even say that in ur system that it only whitelist ip and u can still use password and username untill i opened a dispute and maybe 30 ppl who viewed this dispute now know how ur system works? why u always play the victim i don't get it..