• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

MSO

Assume Private Script(s) Dispute #2

1. Script Author: @Assume
2. Link to Script's ThreadDeleted
3. Date Purchased:  August 29, 2014 (Two Scripts)
4. What type of duration did you purchase: Lifetime
5. Proof that you have tried contacting the author about your issue(s)OneTwoThree
6. Issue(s): Re-opening because I have further proof that I had payed for Lifetime support, and that my scripts were never finished ... Still refuses to work on either of my scripts. 

Some Context: There are two scripts: A Mule/farm manager and an Air Orb Charging script (The Air Orb script was originally a White Berry script, but was changed later). They were purchased together so that they would run in parallel and supply each other.

Just so it is clear: the reason for these late disputes are due to the payment of Lifetime support - I did not expect, nor was told, that I was on a 'time limit.' Also, there was a third script that I had payed Assume to create but he stopped working on it and refunded me its cost after months of work. I had to get that same script re-created by another scripter, which was taking over a year to test, before I could even focus on or even properly test the scripts I purchased from Assume. Unfortunately for me, Leespiker was the scripter I hired for that task so I was set back even further. 

Some Proof of Lifetime Support

Here is Assume's updated ToS (Edited September 10th, 2014 - 12 days after my purchase). Here is Assume stating that the change in ToS did not effect me. However, since Assume has refused to provide any proof that lifetime support was removed, and claims that I only had 90 days of support,  I have to use the updated version. On the updated ToS, the first 1st and 2nd lines under 'Payment & Script Information' specifies that 90 days after the script is completed, additional support has to be purchased, and can be purchased in unlimited quantities of 90-days. Although, Assume contradicts this in an old Skype message that confirms that, as per the old ToS, I get bug fixes for free - no where in Skype or Tribot history is there any mention or suggestion of a 90-day limit that applied to me. This also ties into my 2nd point. 

Proof of Unfinished Scripts

I will prefix this with Assume's updated ToS again. The 1st line under 'Payment & Information' specifies that 90 days after script completion, support will be revoked. Additionally, the 4th line under 'Terms & Conditions' states, "If I don't finish your script for whatever reason, your payment will be 100% refunded."

1. Here are all of the features/details I requested for the original scripts: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight 

2. Here are all of the features/details I requested for when the White Berry script was changed to an Air Orb script: One, Two, Three

Here is a gif of the Mule/farm manager script running:

cQlPSaP.gif

There is a menu pop-up when the script starts. It asks for the RSN of the 'slave' account and the location of where it will meet up with it, and it has the option of creating profiles and loading them. However, it is missing the option to choose what items it will take from/give to the slave. As seen from above, that is exactly what I requested be added and was acknowledged by Assume. 

Here is a gif of the Air Orb script running:

8jma93X.gif

Similarly to the Mule script, it does not ask what items to take from/give to the 'master' account, but this time it also does not ask what location to meet the 'master' at. It only asks for the RSN of the 'master' account. 

I also have a 4-hour recording (Mule script is time-triggered every 4 hours) of these two scripts running together.  At the end, the 'master' attempts to communicate with the 'slave' by typing its name into public chat, but the 'slave' does not recognize the communication and does not respond, nor is there any indication of such, which is what it is supposed to do - it likely does not have any code to do so. I didn't include the link to the video here because it has the RSNs of 2 of my accounts; if a staff-member wants to see the video, I will send it through PM. I also have a cut-version that shows the last minute of the 4-hour recording if you'd like to see that instead.

Conclusion

If Assume still claims that I did not pay for Lifetime Support, he should be required to supply proof of that claim - I have supplied proof supporting my claim, and he has zero proof supporting his. Besides that, I have clear proof that he had never finished either script, which should be enough by itself; this violates his ToS, and by his own words, I should be entitled to a full refund for both scripts.

So what exactly are the bugs with both scripts that need to be fixed? As it looks I agreed to lifetime support, I am happy to fix whatever bugs the scripts may have. Looking at the code for both the manager and the air orbs script, and since the air orb script is the only script in which I sold you with the manager support, the items are hard coded for which items it will give. The same is true on the other side. I can add custom item support easily even though it is unnecessary since again it only works with one script. For your argument that I never finished the scripts, I'm pretty sure you would have filed a dispute much sooner than 2 years after I sold you the scripts if that were true. I can't prove that what was ended up being delivered was agreed upon because I do not have messages from skype from 3 years ago, but I'd say it's probably likely. If there are any other bugs with the scripts that you need fixed, please message them to me on Discord or the forums and provide an account for me to test with. 

And to your point about updates, updates don't mean new features, they mean bug fixes. "I have updated this script to fix this bug". The last line of the ToS clearly states extra features cost extra.

Edited by Assume

This is what Assume's response was, in case he tries to edit it in the future. 

10 hours ago, Assume said:

So what exactly are the bugs with both scripts that need to be fixed? As it looks I agreed to lifetime support, I am happy to fix whatever bugs the scripts may have.

Assume, I have been asking you to work on the scripts since September of last year - you had refused to do anything anytime I asked. You admit that I had Lifetime Support, and also by extension admit that you had been ignoring my bug-fix requests for over a year. You will say that you were busy with school, and yet you will pump out updates for your other scripts in that same time. Just look at your past week, for example. 

10 hours ago, Assume said:

For your argument that I never finished the scripts, I'm pretty sure you would have filed a dispute much sooner than 2 years after I sold you the scripts if that were true

Had you not force-refunded my 3rd script you were making, maybe. As stated in the OP, that put a huge hole in my schedule. I had to have that script re-created with Leespiker, which would take over a year and most of my time. Once it was almost done, September of last year, I asked if you could create a way to test the Mule script (as there is no way to fully test the script). You said yes, but never delivered. From then on, I had to balance creating disputes against Leespiker for inactivity, testing my script with him, and finally: disputing against you. I have a finite amount of time. 

11 hours ago, Assume said:

Looking at the code for both the manager and the air orbs script, and since the air orb script is the only script in which I sold you with the manager support, the items are hard coded for which items it will give. The same is true on the other side. I can add custom item support easily even though it is unnecessary since again it only works with one script.

Actually, that's not true. There was supposed to be support for a White Berry script as well as an Air Orb script. Besides that, I did ask that you make it so that I could manually type in the names of the items that the Mule was supposed to take and deliver, as I was planning on using the Mule for multiple scripts. You also acknowledged what I asked. Here is the screenshot again: 

a34b7d17aa86877a8711baf17c1d4a6c.png

1 minute ago, MSO said:

This is what Assume's response was, in case he tries to edit it in the future. 

Assume, I have been asking you to work on the scripts since September of last year - you had refused to do anything anytime I asked. You admit that I had Lifetime Support, and also by extension admit that you had been ignoring my bug-fix requests for over a year. You will say that you were busy with school, and yet you will pump out updates for your other scripts in that same time. Just look at your past week, for example. 

Had you not force-refunded my 3rd script you were making, maybe. As stated in the OP, that put a huge hole in my schedule. I had to have that script re-created with Leespiker, which would take over a year and most of my time. Once it was almost done, September of last year, I asked if you could create a way to test the Mule script (as there is no way to fully test the script). You said yes, but never delivered. From then on, I had to balance creating disputes against Leespiker for inactivity, testing my script with him, and finally: disputing against you. I have a finite amount of time. 

Actually, that's not true. There was supposed to be support for a White Berry script as well as an Air Orb script. Besides that, I did ask that you make it so that I could manually type in the names of the items that the Mule was supposed to take and deliver, as I was planning on using the Mule for multiple scripts. You also acknowledged what I asked. Here is the screenshot again: 

a34b7d17aa86877a8711baf17c1d4a6c.png

Yeah I agree at this time you are not able to put in custom items, because at this time there is literally only one script it can work with. I can add custom items as I said in the previous post. The air orb script was delivered it September of 2014. You had originally tried to buy a white berry script which we then decided was a bad idea as PKers were killing me way too fast when even trying to write it and switch to the air orbs script. I delivered that and you did not contact to add the tester until 2 years last in September of 2016. As crazy as it sounds, a lot can change in 2 years and I may not have the same amount of time in my schedule as I did. In September of 2014 I was a senior in High School and in September of 2016 I was a Sophomore in college. And as stated in my thread, UPDATES are not included, only bug fixes. Adding a seperate tester for the bot manager is not something I am required to do as laid out in my ToS. So I agreed to do it when I had time. I never had time. You are also leaving out the fact that I asked you for an account in 2016 to help fix whatever bugs there were and you didn't deliver one for 2 months, if at all if I remember correctly. 

8 minutes ago, Assume said:

at this time you are not able to put in custom items, because at this time there is literally only one script it can work with.

That should not and does not matter. I specifically requested this feature from the start so that it wouldn't have to be added later, and you never added it. There is nothing to argue here; the scripts are unfinished.

12 minutes ago, Assume said:

I delivered that and you did not contact to add the tester until 2 years last in September of 2016 ... Adding a seperate tester for the bot manager is not something I am required to do as laid out in my ToS.

That's partially true, but then you can't argue that I could've filed a dispute earlier because I had no way to know the full extent of what is working and what is not; or what is added and what is not - you actively refused to supply a way for me to know this. It is impossible to test every part of the scripts as is, which is why I asked you to create a test script. 

26 minutes ago, Assume said:

As crazy as it sounds, a lot can change in 2 years and I may not have the same amount of time in my schedule as I did

You've violated your own ToS on unfinished scripts and you claim to not have enough time to work on a script for over a year? That sounds like its time to refund.

10 minutes ago, MSO said:

That should not and does not matter. I specifically requested this feature from the start so that it wouldn't have to be added later, and you never added it. There is nothing to argue here; the scripts are unfinished.

That's partially true, but then you can't argue that I could've filed a dispute earlier because I had no way to know the full extent of what is working and what is not; or what is added and what is not - you actively refused to supply a way for me to know this. It is impossible to test every part of the scripts as is, which is why I asked you to create a test script. 

You've violated your own ToS on unfinished scripts and you claim to not have enough time to work on a script for over a year? That sounds like its time to refund.

You could have tested it by simply running the air orbs scripts, which I know you did, because you reported a bug that I fixed in October of 2014. And why did you not complain back in 2014 if it wasn't what you wanted?

Edited by Assume

29 minutes ago, Assume said:

You could have tested it by simply running the air orbs scripts, which I know you did, because you reported a bug that I fixed in October of 2014. And why did you not complain back in 2014 if it wasn't what you wanted?

Yes, and I did 'test' it with the Air Orb script - I let the staff-members know that I have a 4-hour recording of both the scripts running side-by-side. Except that, I could test very little of the actual script because the script spends almost all of those 4-hours in the log-in screen, and all it does after that is log in, attempts to communicate with the 'slave' and ends the script. It does not try to buy supplies, it does not try to pick items up off the ground, and it does not attempt to trade with the 'slave'. There is also no indication whatsoever that the 'slave' recognized the communication.  

Late 2014 would've been when I was investing all of my time into testing the White Berry script, which would later turn into the Air Orb script and require more testing. The Mule script could not be tested without another script, I've mentioned this already and you know very well; I would have to finish another script first.

Edit: I forgot to ask: what bug in October are you talking about?

Edited by MSO

19 minutes ago, MSO said:

Yes, and I did 'test' it with the Air Orb script - I let the staff-members know that I have a 4-hour recording of both the scripts running side-by-side. Except that, I could test very little of the actual script because the script spends almost all of those 4-hours in the log-in screen, and all it does after that is log in, attempts to communicate with the 'slave' and ends the script. It does not try to buy supplies, it does not try to pick items up off the ground, and it does not attempt to trade with the 'slave'. There is also no indication whatsoever that the 'slave' recognized the communication.  

Late 2014 would've been when I was investing all of my time into testing the White Berry script, which would later turn into the Air Orb script and require more testing. The Mule script could not be tested without another script, I've mentioned this already and you know very well; I would have to finish another script first.

Edit: I forgot to ask: what bug in October are you talking about?

Those gifs are from 2017. Not 2014. Looking at my update logs on the repository I first uploaded the script in September and in October I submitted an update in October which I assume is a bug fix. You had both the mule and the air orb script in 2014 and didn't have any problems or you would have reported them then. 

1 minute ago, Assume said:

Those gifs are from 2017. Not 2014.

A excellent observation. What does this have to do with the point I made?

3 minutes ago, Assume said:

Looking at my update logs on the repository I first uploaded the script in September and in October I submitted an update in October which I assume is a bug fix.

You can't claim something without proof and then say it was an assumption when I call you out on it. Throughout the entire month of October 2014, I never tested the Mule script nor did I post any bugs in Skype chat. Why? I couldn't and I've addressed this already... If a staff-member wants to see the entire Skype Chat history of October 2014, I will send it through PM.

8 minutes ago, Assume said:

You had both the mule and the air orb script in 2014 and didn't have any problems or you would have reported them then. 

Absolutely untrue. I've addressed this claim multiple times now. Once again, I cannot fully test the Mule script without another fully-finished script (which also includes code to respond to and interact with the Mule script), and neither can you. You don't even have a test script for it.

Recap: I was focusing on finishing the White berry script so that I could test the Mule script, but the White Berry script was converted into an Air Orb script, so testing had to start over. Later, I payed for a 3rd script that was another, revised version of the White berry script which was much cheaper to run and yielded far more profit, and so became the priority to finish. Months of works later, you give up on the White berry script and force-refund me, setting me back again and forcing me to have the White berry script re-created with Leespiker, which would take over a year before it neared completion. And in that time, I would begin messaging you about the updating the Mule script to have it work with Leespiker's script. You refused to work on it all, so two disputes later: here we are. 

Ignoring all of that, your ToS does not include a time limit for which I can dispute an unfinished script. In fact, it states that if a script is unfinished for whatever reason, I should be 100% refunded. This also nullifies your argument that you were busy with school - by your own words, that excuse doesn't matter.

25 minutes ago, MSO said:

A excellent observation. What does this have to do with the point I made?

You can't claim something without proof and then say it was an assumption when I call you out on it. Throughout the entire month of October 2014, I never tested the Mule script nor did I post any bugs in Skype chat. Why? I couldn't and I've addressed this already... If a staff-member wants to see the entire Skype Chat history of October 2014, I will send it through PM.

Absolutely untrue. I've addressed this claim multiple times now. Once again, I cannot fully test the Mule script without another fully-finished script (which also includes code to respond to and interact with the Mule script), and neither can you. You don't even have a test script for it.

Recap: I was focusing on finishing the White berry script so that I could test the Mule script, but the White Berry script was converted into an Air Orb script, so testing had to start over. Later, I payed for a 3rd script that was another, revised version of the White berry script which was much cheaper to run and yielded far more profit, and so became the priority to finish. Months of works later, you give up on the White berry script and force-refund me, setting me back again and forcing me to have the White berry script re-created with Leespiker, which would take over a year before it neared completion. And in that time, I would begin messaging you about the updating the Mule script to have it work with Leespiker's script. You refused to work on it all, so two disputes later: here we are. 

Ignoring all of that, your ToS does not include a time limit for which I can dispute an unfinished script. In fact, it states that if a script is unfinished for whatever reason, I should be 100% refunded. This also nullifies your argument that you were busy with school - by your own words, that excuse doesn't matter.

Once again, you could have tested the mule script because when I delivered both of them, they worked together. I do not know their state now because I have not worked on them in more than a year. The air orb and the mule script are designed to work together and did work together in 2014 when I delivered them. I force refunded the white berry script because I could not get it to work correctly yes. And as it seems, neither could Leespiker because guess what, anything in the wilderness easily goes to shit. And as I couldn't get it to work for whatever reason, I refunded you. I cannot work on whatever Leespiker wrote for you because I didn't write the code nor have access to the code. I explicitly said that I could add mule support to scripts that I sold you, not to scripts someone else did. 

Looked through my update log again, the script was updated October 3rd and December 10, 11, and 16. I don't have access to Skype logs older than August 2017 as I have gotten multiple new computers since 2014 so I have no way of knowing what or why I updated the script, but the only thing I can think of that would make me update a private script is bug fixes reported to me by the user.

37 minutes ago, Assume said:

Once again, you could have tested the mule script because when I delivered both of them, they worked together. I do not know their state now because I have not worked on them in more than a year. The air orb and the mule script are designed to work together and did work together in 2014 when I delivered them. I force refunded the white berry script because I could not get it to work correctly yes. And as it seems, neither could Leespiker because guess what, anything in the wilderness easily goes to shit. And as I couldn't get it to work for whatever reason, I refunded you. I cannot work on whatever Leespiker wrote for you because I didn't write the code nor have access to the code. I explicitly said that I could add mule support to scripts that I sold you, not to scripts someone else did. 

Do you have proof that you tested the Mule script? Do you have proof that it ever fully worked? I don't remember you ever telling me that the script was finished.

You did not 'explicitly' say that I could not add Mule support to scripts that weren't your own. You said the opposite, and I will supply a screenshot once I'm back at my computer.

Again, I will happily share the full Skype history of October 2014 in private.

9 minutes ago, MSO said:

Do you have proof that you tested the Mule script? Do you have proof that it ever fully worked? I don't remember you ever telling me that the script was finished.

You did not 'explicitly' say that I could not add Mule support to scripts that weren't your own. You said the opposite, and I will supply a screenshot once I'm back at my computer.

Again, I will happily share the full Skype history of October 2014 in private.

I don't have any messages of anything we talked about as I said in the previous post. It says right there in the PM "but will be script specific to the private scripts I am making you"

3498e801c8.png 

5 hours ago, Assume said:

I don't have any messages of anything we talked about as I said in the previous post. It says right there in the PM "but will be script specific to the private scripts I am making you"

d91edde461dbe409ec07c886822de0d4.png

Directly after you force-refunded my 3rd script, you told me that you would be willing to add support for scripts made by other scripters for $25 each script. All you needed was their source. Shortly after, I paid Leespiker to re-create the White berry script.

I've messaged Assume the Skype chat logs between October 1st - 3rd, the time where there was an update to the Mule script. The updates on December 10, 11 and 16 are all for the Air Orb script. 

aae62c8604.png 

The logs he sent me of our October 2014 conversation prove that he did not mind that you could not type in the items you wanted the mule/slave to trade. I ask what he would like the mule to give to the master, and he says air orbs, nullifying his argument that the script wasn't finished due to this point. It also shows that he was more than able to test the script but he didn't have an account to do it, something not my fault. 

Edited by Assume

I think three years is too long to force a refund. @Assume should send the source so that @MSO has the option of hiring another scripter to make changes to the script..
It sounds like there is some tragedy in your story with external scripts not being finished, and I'm very sorry for that. I however don't fully believe that @Assume is at fault for that. Sounds like there were other issues too.

"life-time" although a great selling point, as we have learned is a terrible business model. Scripters are not allowed so sell lifetime anything anymore. If we had this foresight in 2014 we may of avoided this entire mess. In an attempt to make amends normally a reasonable area of 3-6 months is assumed for a lifetime script. 36 months is unreasonable. Assume could of left TRiBot a year or so ago and there would be nobody to even answer your dispute (which i would still deny), luckily he is still here so we can have this conversation.

I'm not forcing assume to make updates or refund you in any way, but I would like him to send you the source code if you ask for it. I think you might find another scripter who could still finish the script and turn a profit.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Assume said:

The logs he sent me of our October 2014 conversation prove that he did not mind that you could not type in the items you wanted the mule/slave to trade. I ask what he would like the mule to give to the master, and he says air orbs, nullifying his argument that the script wasn't finished due to this point. It also shows that he was more than able to test the script but he didn't have an account to do it, something not my fault. 

Just so I don't leave this unaddressed: You asked me what I was going to give to the master and I answered. I never said that that is the only thing I wanted coded in and never said that I wanted manual input removed. Also, when I said I had nothing to test it on: I was referring to a separate script to use with the Mule script, something I still don't have today.

Now onto this:

18 hours ago, Todd said:

I'm not forcing assume to make updates or refund you in any way, but I would like him to send you the source code if you ask for it. I think you might find another scripter who could still finish the script and turn a profit.

The summary of all of my disputes is that the scripter's ToS will be used against you at every turn and held in high regard, unless it is inconvenient to the scripter. This is exactly the response I was expecting to see, and I'm glad I have even more proof that the staff is not interested in forcing the scripter to honour their own ToS. The official response given to me is that essentially Assume, despite leaving a customer with two unfinished scripts and while mutually agreeing to give lifetime support, has now no obligation to honour those terms. With that, the customer is also now expected give even more money to Tribot and to pay possibly twice the amount of money in total, just to have the scripts they paid lifetime support for, finished. In the end, a scripter's word holds more weight than actual proof. 

I'm also interested to see where it states, as of August 2014, that scripters have no obligation to honour their own ToS; or where that it states that lifetime support equates to only 3 or 6 months. 

• Like 2

As Todd has already posted his decision I'm going to go ahead and mark this complete. As Todd said, you are entitled to the source code to the scripts should you want them, so message @Assume if you're interested so he can send them to you.

If there are any other issues, feel free to let us know. But as an Admin has reached a decision on this matter, this is resolved.

• Like 1