Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buy OSRS Gold

iRepBenefits

GLORY DAY BOTTING [How can we return]

I refer glorry day botting to the time that you could maximize the resources on your virtual or dedicated machines to make the most money possible per hour 24 hours (or at least more than 12) a day. I missed out on the benefits of this time because i was simply running 4-6 scripts just for woodcutting and staking in the background. 

Do I think we will return to the day that anyone can reap the absolute benefits? no and that is what i am here to discuss. We have alot of bad scripters int he community (and its not their fault). They do not physically have the time to dedicate to great scripts because people do not financially support them. I feel we need to pusht he vip scripts more and support the developers more so that we get 1) better scripts 2) a larger community to prevent a total collapse 3) more vip subscriptions on tribot to make the site better and the owners happier.

I am just returning to the community but here is the small project i will be workingo n in the mean time while I run my rsps , go to school, work etc. Ive got a massive dedi with extra resources im using to run LG clients on just in case that has any affect on banrates (i know its argued quite a bit here). Im running 2 accs per proxie and have created a mass amount of accs that I will occassionally stop my money making scripts to up to the required levels in the event of the originals being banned. My goal is not to be delicate with them but not to suicide the accounts. I am using the Elite Chopper Pro script beta to test this as it has a multitude of functions that can help us mass support a script without making it useless by overuse. What I mean by this is that we take the care to make odd paths or live jumps with the settings provided when we get premium scripts like the Elite Chopper Pro. For instance. Instead of setting your progressions to the predictable 15-30-60 jumps. Do something like 1-8 lumby 2-17 varrock east 17-32 varrock west and so on. Change the spots you go to and in what order across the board. Here are a few screenshots to go with what im saying. 

1tri.thumb.png.f6a8838b17fddae0850af7b1b2973fdc.png2tri.thumb.png.513bc53e7f5f945e6ca8735f9228164c.png

I know i didn't go into a whole great deal of detail but that is because i don't know if anyone here is even interested in what I have to say. If you have any questions I will answer them in the in the comments below and add any information to this post from the questions I feel relevant. Thanks guys!

- iRepBenefits

• thonking 1

3 minutes ago, LostKing said:

Botting has fundamentally changed. It won't ever be how it was before, and it doesn't have anything to do with the script writers.

Some scripts haven't been updated in years, how has that not got anything to do with them?

What really lacking is the competition of script sales, most areas only have one script for that particular activity. So why make your script better if it works?

I will however say that most premium scripters on here have other things going on and this is just a side thing so as long as the script works, then that's all that matters.

So i definitely read this hours ago. It took me for a surprise that i read the whole thing and in the end still had a question in my head, "What is his point?". Either way, i do believe that the botting scene has changed. Jagex did definitely put in a lot of resources to detect bots. Especially since they got Mod MatK that actually designed a botting client and scripts (One of the most successful actually). He is also the developer for OSbuddy which is a widely used Looking glass/reflection client. The scripts are slacking a bit. A lot of null scripts that need to be removed but there are a lot of scripts that uses code that can last you to the end of time hence why they dont update it on a regular. Reducing the pattern of your bots will reduce your ban rates. I also recommend mixing skills/manual skilling in there. No one does 1 skill all the way to 99. 

2 minutes ago, gosubear said:

So i definitely read this hours ago. It took me for a surprise that i read the whole thing and in the end still had a question in my head, "What is his point?". Either way, i do believe that the botting scene has changed. Jagex did definitely put in a lot of resources to detect bots. Especially since they got Mod MatK that actually designed a botting client and scripts (One of the most successful actually). He is also the developer for OSbuddy which is a widely used Looking glass/reflection client. The scripts are slacking a bit. A lot of null scripts that need to be removed but there are a lot of scripts that uses code that can last you to the end of time hence why they dont update it on a regular. Reducing the pattern of your bots will reduce your ban rates. I also recommend mixing skills/manual skilling in there. No one does 1 skill all the way to 99. 

You mean Jacmob , not MMK. 

21 hours ago, gosubear said:

You are correct. I don't know why i said it either LMFAO.

Like i said i was high when i wrote this lmao. there were some points in there i wanted to touch on however you brought up something interesting. Do you NOT recommend Osbuddy for a lg client? Because ive been using osbuddy as my lg class client as it was the one i tested it on and its been successful and avoiding bans while being able to bot wc 12-16 hours a day 2 days in a row no bans so far.

1 hour ago, iRepBenefits said:

Like i said i was high when i wrote this lmao. there were some points in there i wanted to touch on however you brought up something interesting. Do you NOT recommend Osbuddy for a lg client? Because ive been using osbuddy as my lg class client as it was the one i tested it on and its been successful and avoiding bans while being able to bot wc 12-16 hours a day 2 days in a row no bans so far.

It is not that i dont recommend it. I am just saying that MMK is a developer and he is also a very experienced jagex employee. He could've done codes to help him detect certain things. I use OSbuddy since it came out. I never had a problem with major bans unless i get greedy and mindlessly bot. Which i have came to my senses about for the most part. I mainly skill and baby sit nowadays. And only till certain milestones and then ill manually afk with the bot client just so it keeps me in game. I use private scripts on repetitive things like shift dropping and such but other than that. Most of my work is hand done.

17 hours ago, xanaxna said:

INb4 ban I will never buy a script if it hasn't been updated within the last update of runescape. fuck that bullshit 

A script doesnt have to be constantly updated to be great lol
I mean i wouldnt buy a script thats over a year with no updates, but my scripts require little to no updates /shrug

The glory days have long been gone. I have been around since the release of iBot, back when it had below 200 active users. I remember @Usa being an active member on the forums. Back then you could suicide in a private location(my choice was the ogre's under the tower in Ardougne) and you wouldn't be caught unless you were bragging to people on the forums showing off what you have accomplished.

Those days will no longer be around anymore because the techniques used by Jagex has improved dramatically. It's no longer based on mouse movement, it's not actual human data that they weigh you on to determine if you are botting. These days you can still accomplish a lot if you do things on a smaller scale, instead of "1 tick" mining for 3+ hours do something slower like power mine iron. Never boast about your accomplishment's on any public forums.

During the golden days I accomplished the following:

99 attack

99 Defence

99 Strength

99 HP

99 WC (x2)

99 Cooking

99 firemaking

99 fletching

85 mining (x5)

Below is a few pictures I have from the true golden days of botting:

progress1.jpg

progress1.jpg

progress1.jpg

progress1.jpg

progress1.jpg

I've only just returned to Runescape and with the coming of mobile and the reintroduction of players I feel like there may be the opportunity to really grow the botting scene. People returning to Runescape for the first time in 10+ years & not wanting to start the grinds over again.