[ABC2] Elliott's Mud Rune Maker [350k+ GP/hr] [LOW REQUIREMENTS] [OPEN SOURCE]

NOTE: I will be rewriting this soon - just so make the script cleaner generally. If there are any bugs please add me on Discord, PM me or @ me on here. I am busy with stuff IRL atm but once that is finished I will be refocussing on this. Any additional features you would like please let me know. 

Planned new features (no ETA as of yet):

- GE restocking
- Socket muling
- Rune pouch support
- 1-14 runecrafting

-

This is my first official script that I will have released on Tribot and I am making it open source to get feedback on my code and suggested improvements.

This is a basic script that will make Mud runes, I have got around 1200 runes per hour which when testing was over 350k GP/hr. The script also implements ABC2 and can be found at the following link.

https://tribot.org/repository/script/id/3420

Skill Requirement:
14 Runecrafting

Start in Varrock East Bank with the following items (in brackets are the estimated amount of the item used per hour):
Water rune (1500)
Water talisman (60)
Binding necklace (4)
Stamina potion (7.5)
Varrock teleport (60)
Pure essence (1500)

I recommend having your bank and inventory set up something similar to this to increase efficiency:

770371181_Screenshot2020-02-08at16_01_13.png.d253b978a58b3a6b93d251f7caef1f8e.png

Additionally, have the bank withdraw option set to 25

I'm open to any suggestions/improvements to the script and also suggestions for future scripts.

Progress Reports:

image.png.bf42c66d5219472bf7eb4e5fa775e140.png

image.png.682832b767acaf37511b8f6008d4ab4e.png

Link to Source:

https://github.com/FlameK/src/tree/master/Scripts/MudRuneMaker

Version Update:

1.16 - Added accurate profit calculations and improved script logic. 

Edited by flamekiller999
27 minutes ago, flamekiller999 said:

Thanks guys! Any advice you can give me on how to improve is always appreciated :) 

Looks pretty good, some quick things I noticed though:

- All packages/objects/vars should be named in upperCamelCase convention across any java program, and most programming languages

- The priority abstract method shouldn't have to exist. There will always be some sort of boolean that can be run to check if something should happen instead of something else. That is the point of the boolean abstract method in your framework. You can test multiple bools to return a single bool.

- You created an enum for one task, and then used a switch statement for one condition. This is completely unnecessary.

However, for a first script, it is fairly well structured. 

• Like 1

Actually, I just noticed another thing. You're declaring the same variables and constants multiple times. The way to avoid this would be to make a constants/vars class, and then use instance manipulation (which I see you use at other points in this script) to avoid making multiple instances of one variable.

I don't mean to be critical, but this script is a bit of a mess right now, and the more I look at it, the messier it looks. I think you should learn a bit more about java, and then try to revisit this script. If you look at the difference between my tutorial island script source code and my smart miner source code, you'll see what I mean. A solid understanding of java will make all the difference. I hope this helps!

Edited by bbuu20
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, bbuu20 said:

Looks pretty good, some quick things I noticed though:

- All packages/objects/vars should be named in upperCamelCase convention across any java program, and most programming languages

- The priority abstract method shouldn't have to exist. There will always be some sort of boolean that can be run to check if something should happen instead of something else. That is the point of the boolean abstract method in your framework. You can test multiple bools to return a single bool.

- You created an enum for one task, and then used a switch statement for one condition. This is completely unnecessary.

However, for a first script, it is fairly well structured. 

Yes I always seem to have the issue of not using the upperCamelCase all the time. I know it's meant to be used but i still do not use it properly it would seem.

Thanks for the suggestions! Yeah I agree the priority method is slightly invalid here. It's just the structure that I have become used to while writing other scripts so it was easy for me to use it to structure this script.

And I will look into the enum you've mentioned to rewrite that. 

Thank you for the feedback though! It's always really helpful for me :)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, bbuu20 said:

Actually, I just noticed another thing. You're declaring the same variables and constants multiple times. The way to avoid this would be to make a constants/vars class, and then use instance manipulation (which I see you use at other points in this script) to avoid making multiple instances of one variable.

I don't mean to be critical, but this script is a bit of a mess right now, and the more I look at it, the messier it looks. I think you should learn a bit more about java, and then try to revisit this script. If you look at the difference between my tutorial island script and my smart miner, you'll see what I mean. A solid understanding of java will make all the difference. I hope this helps!

Yeah I agree with you there, having all the variables in one class would make it a lot cleaner for sure. I will clean that all up a bit more so that it is easier to understand. 

And being critical is more helpful than anything else imo so don't worry at all about that. I've been slowly learning Java mainly from other scripts on here and Youtube so I know sometimes what I'm doing isn't the best. But will look at your script to get an idea of your structure etc

1 minute ago, flamekiller999 said:

Yeah I agree with you there, having all the variables in one class would make it a lot cleaner for sure. I will clean that all up a bit more so that it is easier to understand. 

And being critical is more helpful than anything else imo so don't worry at all about that. I've been slowly learning Java mainly from other scripts on here and Youtube so I know sometimes what I'm doing isn't the best. But will look at your script to get an idea of your structure etc

Yea, it really does look better than most first scripts though, you definitely have a solid understanding of the Tribot api. It's just the java concepts.

congrats on release I only had a quick look at the code 
I noticed your using a lot of general sleeps on your banking code should change them to wait conditions

and im not entirely sure why ur doing this 

ItemEntity bindingNecklace = Entities.find(ItemEntity::new)
  .nameEquals("Binding necklace")
  .actionsEquals("Wear");

RSItem[] bindingNecklaceInventory = Inventory.find("Binding necklace");

Edited by ELON
12 minutes ago, ELON said:

congrats on release I only had a quick look at the code 
I noticed your using a lot of general sleeps on your banking code should change them to wait conditions

and im not entirely sure why ur doing this 

ItemEntity bindingNecklace = Entities.find(ItemEntity::new)
  .nameEquals("Binding necklace")
  .actionsEquals("Wear");

RSItem[] bindingNecklaceInventory = Inventory.find("Binding necklace");

Yeah that doesn't need to be there anymore. I got rid of the first part as its now redundant 

Edited by flamekiller999
  • 2 weeks later...

It is more cost efficient to just have the bot run back to the bank from the altar at higher agility levels w/ graceful outfit. Do you think you could add an option to walk instead of teleport?

EDIT: If this happens then you'd have to change the number of pure essence withdrawn from 25 to 26. 

Edited by hob hobbit
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 2:26 PM, hob hobbit said:

It is more cost efficient to just have the bot run back to the bank from the altar at higher agility levels w/ graceful outfit. Do you think you could add an option to walk instead of teleport?

EDIT: If this happens then you'd have to change the number of pure essence withdrawn from 25 to 26. 

Sorry for the slow response, been swamped with stuff IRL.

I can add this option yes, although while more cost efficient as Varrock Tabs are not consumed it will reduce the amount of runes made per hour. I think that by purely running to and from the altar that will result in lower profitability. 

If you still want this feature added though I can see about adding it in.

16 hours ago, ThatWebDevKid said:

Hey! 

Just out of curiosity, how is the ban rate with your script? Curious after how much usage you found yourself getting banned if any idea.

Thanks!

It is okay from when I last checked. The accounts I were using were running from Friday to Sunday/Monday at least so always profiting. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 7:47 PM, flamekiller999 said:

As far as I know it should, although I am going to be completely rewriting it soon, and should add some new features such as GE restocking and socket muling.

Can you make this support small pouches? Also are the progress reports above with or without breaks?