It was over 11 years ago when I first started TRiBot. Wow, time sure flies! I remember being so fascinated by bots. To have a computer program play for me to advance myself in the game? It was so cool!

I first got into bots when I was about 12 years old. They were really simple screen scrapers that barely worked. Then I found SRL Forums which used a programmable automation tool called SCAR to play the game. It must have been less than a month of using SCAR+SRL before I started creating my first botting scripts. I sure loved it!

In less than a year I was writing and improving upon SRL’s random event solvers. I really had to think out of the box for many of them! There were much less tools for computer vision back then than there is today.

After about a year and a half at SRL Forums, I was promoted to SRL Developer… at only 14 years old! Wow, that felt incredible.

It didn’t take long before I had an urge to create my own bot. It was in December 2009 when I started working the TRiBot Updater - an automated reverse engineering program to identify all of the data locations needed by my very own reflection bot.

Shortly after, TRiBot was born!

That was over 11 years ago… wow! I’ve sure learned a lot since then. Creating a reflection bot from scratch, converting it to OpenGL interception + screen scraping, then re-introducing the old reflection bot shortly after OSRS was released.

Now it’s time to say goodbye. I’m sure many people here have noticed that my passion has moved on from RuneScape botting. I’m eager to start working in other areas such as AI and especially blockchain technology.

Don’t be scared, TRiBot isn’t going anywhere! Everyone is in good hands with @Encoded and @Nullable taking my place.

They have formed a company which will absorb TRiBot. The goal for this transition is to make it seamless for everyone using TRiBot. This transition will take place over the next month with change for the end-user will be very minimal.

I’d like to thank the community, our moderators, support staff, developers, script writers, and users! We wouldn’t still be here without you! Thank you!!

Long live TRiBot!

• Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 12

This is huge news and a bittersweet moment for myself. Tribot obviously wouldn't be what it is without you, Trilez. The majority of my programming skills developed from script writing here while I was in high school and college. Even coming back as a dev I learn new things all the time. While I'm excited to play an even bigger role in progressing Tribot, it's still a sad day. I can't thank you enough for your impact on the OSRS botting community. 

I've seen your passion for AI and blockchain and I think you're capable of really doing something cool with those technologies. Keep us updated!

• Like 2

Thank you for everything you've done for me personally and for the TRiBot community. Without TRiBot I would have never found my passion for programming or been able to afford my way through college. You're a legend and the empire you've built is in good hands. Best of luck in your future endeavors and don't forget to keep us updated!

• Like 1

I started using TRiBot my senior year in High School about 8 years ago. I used TRiBot primarily until I quit botting. It was a great way for passive income and a good experience as a moderator. I often check the forums to see the progress. Good luck with your future endeavors and thank you for the opportunities you provided me @TRiLeZ. Good luck @Encoded and @Nullable carrying forward.

J M C

• Like 1

Rest in peace to the King that started it all. We're going to miss you, Trilez. Thank you for all you've done for this community, your passion may not remain, but it has left a flame for a large amount of people that now have a passion for what you started. Whatever and wherever this world takes you, I wish you nothing but the best. I do hope though, that you will still periodically check in and say hello here and there, but have an awesome time till' next time, bud. Thank you.

Sincerely,

CyberWizard

• Like 1

I wish you the best of luck with your future career. Although I have been bouncing around within this community over the years, it was solely TriBot that made me learn to program and become where I am at today so thank you. AI and Blockchain is the future and I'm happy you found a niche in the tech industry that you are extremely passionate about.

• Like 1
  • thonking 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Our picks

• We've heard your complaints - the TRiBot API could be much easier to use. We've been dedicating our time to improving the scripter experience here and spent the past year working on a new and improved API - the TRiBot Script SDK.

The TRiBot Script SDK is an easy-to-use library for building TRiBot scripts. It is the recommended approach to building scripts moving forward over the old TRiBot API. It contains all the core things you need to build a script, and a ton of additional helpful stuff to get you using your scripts quicker. See the documentation section for everything offered, and check out the brief overview link too.

The SDK was announced in preview here:

It is now officially released. The official release guarantees we will support backwards compatibility for some period of time. See the 'backwards compatibility' section below for more info.

How to use:

There is multiple options, listed in the order they are recommended.

1) Use the gradle template mentioned below

2) Obtain through gradle

Add this dependency: api("org.tribot:tribot-script-sdk:+")

Add this repository: maven("https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/20741387/packages/maven")

3) Take from your local filesystem in your .tribot/install folder. For example, on windows, you'd find it at "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\.tribot\install\tribot-client\lib\tribot-script-sdk-[version].jar"

Documentation:

Java docs: https://runeautomation.com/docs/sdk/javadocs/index.html?overview-summary.html

Kotlin docs: https://runeautomation.com/docs/sdk/kdocs/index.html

Backwards compatibility:

We will be following a deprecation schedule whenever we perform a possible breaking change. We will deprecate the respective methods or classes and announce it in a topic. It will remain deprecated for some period of time (weeks or months), and then removed. This will give you time to fix anything, if we need to make a breaking change.

Gradle template:

Easily build scripts with a new pre-configured scripting gradle template

Users of the current API:

There is no plans to remove TRiBot API. It will still be available. However, non-critical bugs probably won't be fixed. The SDK does depend on some of the API so fixing some things in the SDK will indirectly fix the API. However, bugs that have existed in the API for awhile will likely not be fixed. It's recommended to use the SDK moving forward. Let us know if there's something the SDK is missing.

Brief overview of the changes:

Bug reports:

Post bug reports in the bug reports section of the forums

Let us know what your thoughts are! If you have questions, feel free to ask below or in discord.

• 0 replies
    • Support for the gradle launcher is being dropped. Read more about the new launcher here.
      • 8 replies
    • What to expect from TRiBot moving forward.
        • Thanks
      • 11 replies
    • TRiBot 12 Release Candidate

The TRiBot team has been hard at work creating the last major version of TRiBot before the TRiBot X release. We've noticed many problems with TRiBot 11 with a lot of users preferring TRiBot 10 over 11. We've heard you, so we took TRiBot 10, added the new features introduced with 11, introduced some other new things, and created TRiBot 12. So without further adieu, here's TRiBot 12.
        • Sad
      • 41 replies
    • Gradle is a build tool used to accelerate developer productivity.

We recently setup a Maven repository (TRiBot Central) to make it easier for scripters to create scripts. Check it out here: https://gitlab.com/trilez-software/tribot/tribot-central/-/packages

Furthermore, we've released a simple Gradle project to make it easy to run TRiBot and develop scripts for it. Check it out here: https://gitlab.com/trilez-software/tribot/tribot-gradle-launcher

The goals of TRiBot Central are to:

Deliver updates to TRiBot faster

Better organize TRiBot's dependencies (AKA dependancies)

Make it easier to develop scripts for TRiBot

Make it easier to use and run TRiBot

Note: TRiBot won't be able to run scripts from within this project until TRiBot's next release.
      • 13 replies