Tribot Roadmap Blog #1 - 06/09/23

Nullable

You can think of these blogs as a snapshot into the high-level work that we're doing at Tribot at the time of post, rather than a traditional roadmap with priorities/deadlines/etc. The reason for this format is because of the sporadic nature of the way we operate. I still want a structured way to communicate what's going on, though.

Active projects:

• Forum Revitalization
    • The new forums are here but there's still more work to do. More guides, more tutorials, more content, and especially more integration.
    • This is likely to be passively worked on as time permits, likely over a longer period of time.
  • New client launcher
    • The launcher we have now is great, but to truly take tribot to the next level of features, we need something that can manage all the clients running on your PC at once, handling auth, providing cleaner CLI interfaces, and better organization of data. I'm working on prototypes of a background process that can be used to manage all your running clients from a single interface, launch new ones, etc. This singular point of contact will open a lot of doors for future features.
  • Tribot Premium Membership scripts and open source scripts
    • We want to start offering more for our premium subscribers. While community scripts are great, quality is not guaranteed. We want tribot membership to be worth it no matter what you bot.
  • Looking Glass Investigation
    • I haven't forgotten about LG. This feature has always been rough at best, but now it's degraded to the point where the go-to advice is "don't use LG". I'm going to look into fixing this soon, at least on Windows for Runelite, if possible.

Inactive/Upcoming/Backlogged projects:

• Jagex Account support
    • I've already made a proof-of-concept for running tribot with a Jagex account. It's entirely doable, but quite a bit different due to the login happening before the client launches. The new tribot launcher will help a lot with supporting this, so I'm keeping this inactive until Jagex starts forcing Jagex accounts or the new launcher is complete.
  • More script hooks/functionality
    • With bossing scripts on the rise, scripters really want more powerful features, such as tick listeners. This may be something I implement in the near/medium future.
  • More website features
    • Forum integration
      • Now the the forums are migrated and not going anywhere for a long time, it's probably worth adding more forum thread buttons/links to the store/website. This isn't a priority, though.
    • Script addons
    • Recurring payments
    • Discord account linking
  • Looking Glass redesign/rewrite
  • Client rewrite

This list isn't exhaustive and of course bugs/issues are always on the priority list, but I won't go into them in this post as they are too granular. This is only for high level items. Once this list starts changing a decent bit I'll post more blog updates that cover the changes in priority, however most of the details will be in my dev blog, which is more technically-focused.

Feel free to make suggestions here. I won't be responding to all comments, but I do read them.

Thank you 🙂

Great post, I find the format of these blog updates to be an effective way to keep us informed about the ongoing and planned projects.
Having read your post, I'd like to put forward a suggestion that could potentially make scripting more user-friendly and innovative. A Behavior Tree GUI scripting utility could be a valuable addition. Similar to systems found in popular game engines like Unreal Engine, this could offer a more intuitive and interactive way to design and understand bot behaviors. It would most likely require  a lot of dedication and substantial time investment. However, the potential benefits could be substantial, particularly in terms of making scripting more accessible and enabling scripters to create more complex and efficient bots, and it would of course just be awesome to use.

1 hour ago, Miller288 said:

Patiently waiting for the day I can use my account I switched to a Jagex account cause I wasn’t thinking

Good antiban technique 👍 

Runescape Botting Discord Chatroom

Recommended Proxy & VPS Providers:
VPSGamers(Code: SAVE20) - Virmach(Code: SAVE20) - ProxyFish(CODE: OSBOT20)
Proxy6(Code: 6WSgPYP8WT) - BlazingProxy(CODE: RSBOTSPOT)

Runescape Botting VPS Servers - RSBotSpotRunescape Botting Proxies - RSBotSpot

RSBotSpot: The Ultimate Runescape Botting Resource

This is awesome, as far as client rewrite, will there be 3rd party libraries support for scripters? Or a list of whitelisted libraries to use if we're worried about malicious intent.

Any plans on expanding the dev team? 🥴

Just now, Mochi said:

This is awesome, as far as client rewrite, will there be 3rd party libraries support for scripters? Or a list of whitelisted libraries to use if we're worried about malicious intent.

Any plans on expanding the dev team? 🥴

There will not be arbitrary 3rd library support for scripters/repo scripts. It can result in client issues, large downloads, etc. Not something we will likely ever support.

As for the dev team, it depends on who is interested in becoming a dev and what they have to offer. We usually look towards our premium scripters for dev interest.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, sonottabotttt said:

Do you happen to have any plans for less CPU intensive client settings? This is a huge barrier for me with using the service. Thanks! 

Not in the short term, but it's definitely on the radar. 

Tribot was built to run the game before Runelite existed, and prioritized ensuring that it ran like real player's clients (which at the time was inefficient). Over time this got to be pretty CPU intensive, especially with our mouse movement and other anti-profiling being added on top. And today with all the complex, high intensity scripts, it shows more than ever.

This is all a lot to unwind, so there's no quick fixes. But I am aware of the current state and how to slowly address it, and will be doing so as time permits. 

2 hours ago, Nullable said:

Not in the short term, but it's definitely on the radar. 

Tribot was built to run the game before Runelite existed, and prioritized ensuring that it ran like real player's clients (which at the time was inefficient). Over time this got to be pretty CPU intensive, especially with our mouse movement and other anti-profiling being added on top. And today with all the complex, high intensity scripts, it shows more than ever.

This is all a lot to unwind, so there's no quick fixes. But I am aware of the current state and how to slowly address it, and will be doing so as time permits. 

Understood, I appreciate the response. If I may ask one more question. I'm more of an enthusiast than a professional when it comes to tech, I do understand that the real player like methodology and script sophistication is CPU intensive (and has significant potential value), but would it not be relatively simple to give users the ability to select the FPS we'd like the game to run at? 

4 hours ago, sonottabotttt said:

Understood, I appreciate the response. If I may ask one more question. I'm more of an enthusiast than a professional when it comes to tech, I do understand that the real player like methodology and script sophistication is CPU intensive (and has significant potential value), but would it not be relatively simple to give users the ability to select the FPS we'd like the game to run at? 

You can control that under settings > paint delay. The higher the paint delay, the less FPS (I'm not sure the exact numbers). Make sure to also minimize the client, because it skips a lot of actual rendering. 

And lastly, in the launcher > advanced settings you can enable OpenGL which is a hardware accelerator so that old software like OSRS better utilizes modern hardware architecture.

• 3 weeks later...