The Future of TRiBot

Encoded

First of all, if you haven’t seen TRiLeZ’s post, please go read that first before continuing. 

Company
My new position at TRiBot will be President and CEO. @Nullable will be Vice President of Engineering. We will be the only two paid staff members until the transition of ownership is complete and we have a good grasp of TRiBot’s financials. Our current plans do not involve the hiring of any new staff, but we are not opposed to new hires in the future. I will be transitioning to full time by the end of this month and Nullable will continue to be part time as he has a full time position outside of TRiBot. My focus will be on every aspect of TRiBot’s operations which includes but is not limited to development, customer support, and administration. Nullable will be mainly concerned with the development of TRiBot while still having the ability to assist in administrative tasks as well as customer support.

TRiBot X
TRiBot X has been postponed indefinitely. Nullable and I both feel that there are many other areas of TRiBot that we need to improve upon and while the current bot client isn’t perfect, a new client doesn’t solve many issues customers are facing and it potentially introduces new bugs and we don’t want to have another TRiBot 11 fiasco. TRiBot X needs to be as good as TRiBot 12, if not better, and it is a long way from that currently. With that being said, TRiBot X will continue to be developed by TRiLeZ at his leisure.

TRiBot 12
One of our first projects is going to be a new loader for TRiBot 12. The current loader has many issues and often straight up doesn’t work with no signs of what went wrong. We plan on introducing a new self updating loader that will be more in line with the TRiBot 10 loader. We will continue to develop TRiBot 12 and we have some updates in the works that we believe will fix some of the issues users have been having. We’re also looking into how we can update the scripting API and include services such as Dax Walker directly into the client.

TRiBot Mobile
TRiBot Mobile will be released as a standalone client and no longer bundled with TRiBot X. This is mostly Nullable’s domain and he will make an announcement with more information on TRiBot Mobile when it is closer to launch. TRiBot Mobile is low on the development priority, but it still exists and will be released in due time.

TRiBot Store
Many customers and scripters are unhappy with the store and we are also financially unhappy with it as well. While we currently are not moving away from the new store, we will be making changes to the store to reduce its cost and these changes will be announced when they are made. We will not be increasing any prices and any script pricing changes will be at the request of the scripter, not TRiBot.

Free Scripts
You may remember the announcement of discontinuing free scripts when the new store was released. This will not be the case. Free scripts will be overhauled slightly, but they are not going away. We will have more information on this when we get closer to making these changes.

TRiBot Repository
Our main development focus is to rewrite the repository and the rest of TRiBot’s server sided backend. This will fix bugs like ghost instances, bring back features like the bot panel, and allow us to implement a new store that isn’t reliant on shopify if we choose to do so. Our current repository is very dated and hasn’t received any updates in years. This was supposed to be done with the new store release, but the store ended up being released separately. 

TRiBot Forums
The forums are mostly a ghost town now ever since the introduction of Discord and scripts no longer having links to their support threads. I’d like to revive the forums if possible, but I’m not sure of how to do that at this time so if you have any suggestions, please let us know.

If there is anything I did not address that you would like to discuss, feel free to reach out to myself or Nullable. We will be happy to answer any questions you might have or provide more clarity on what is discussed in this post.

Happy Botting!

This is awesome to hear, perhaps an overhaul of forum sections could revitilise the forums? Remove old categories, relevant sections and more participation by all could help make the forums active. I'd be happy to help participate with more forum ideas beyond this.

Archhh.png

Damn this is really exciting for the future of tribot and I can't recall the last time I've ever said that.

Seemed like unexplained update after update that degrades the user experience, but I'm exited for the new era of TRiBot, been excited since wasted showed me his progress with mobile.

Good luck and congratulations 😃

Wow, just wow. You just listed about every change I would want to make if I were in charge. And you're even going fulltime. I couldn't have asked for more. Much love and respect for all of this from me ❤️ 

Easily the best Corrupted Gauntlet script on TRiBot: Get it here

Here are some suggestions:

1. Ditch any costly licenses and replace them. HelpDesk, Auth0, Shopify, Invision, LightHTTP. I'm sure there is more.
2. Drop AWS or at least scale back the complications of the hosting. I know TRiBot used to run fine on a dedicated machine. I'm unsure of the amount of traffic you all get any more but a simple 3 tier architecture would probably be sufficient. We run an efficient site that gets 1 million average users daily and currently has half the infrastructure in AWS that I remember TRIBot implementing.
3. Ditch the forums more or less, or move to something that somebody else hosts.
4. Re-code the back-end with something fast and make sure you implement everything as micro-services so it's cost effectual to scale. We recently started using NATS messaging, cloud-events, hexagonal architecture and Kubernetes and development is super fast.

Good luck @Encoded and @Nullable. Let me know if you ever need any help.

while(true){};

The store pricing I think is the biggest deal for me, with how expensive things have got, it's completely destroyed my will to experiment with bot scripts, and my ability to farm en mass. There needs to be a significant reduction in costs for end-users, in my opinion, by a roughly 50% margin. Even if that means throw away the reward system, who cares, just drive the script price down, please. A lot of us know the store needs another near complete overhaul, with how spaghetti it functions, so any improvements here, are appreciated.

Thank fuck you're keeping free scripts, it is a terrible idea to remove them.

Good idea that you want to fix the client. It's good for what it is, but there's a bunch of spaghetti around what's going on with stuff, and just stream-lining Tribot to update itself, and work reliably, would be great. Also, a focus on reducing CPU usage is always appreciated. Overall, still miles ahead of other clients though.

Reviving the forums would be nice, give people more to talk about than just botting, off-topic sections,

Maybe something Tribot executives should consider to bring in new users, and bring up profits, is "sponsor" premium scripters like Einstein, Naton, Dentist, Aropupu, LAN, etc, to create premium scripts for Tribot. Example: Executives give a scripter $200 USD, and the scripter is to develop a certain type of script Tribot needs, at a price both parties agree on, and will maintain it for minimum X years. Or give bonuses to scripters where for the first X months after a premium script is released, no profits are given to Tribot, and all to the scripter. I am not into scripting myself, but I definitely think there needs to be more incentive for scripters a bit, that is not increasing the prices for end-users, as I think end-users are already paying too much. I just think current Tribot pricing is not competitive for what's offered, although what offered, to be clear, is still the superior product to the alternatives.

On 3/15/2021 at 8:34 AM, CyberWizard said:

The store pricing I think is the biggest deal for me, with how expensive things have got, it's completely destroyed my will to experiment with bot scripts, and my ability to farm en mass. There needs to be a significant reduction in costs for end-users, in my opinion, by a roughly 50% margin. Even if that means throw away the reward system, who cares, just drive the script price down, please. A lot of us know the store needs another near complete overhaul, with how spaghetti it functions, so any improvements here, are appreciated.

Yeah, the way it is now.. a single auth for a main account is fairly priced, and the way auths are for 250+ auths is affordable, but anything in-between that it feels like youre forced to overbuy and use a coupon just to get a decent price, which actually deters me from wanting to buy new scripts and experiment around. After bond costs, proxy costs, server costs, potential ban costs(which realistically shouldn't be included in the cost, but it is another possible expense) and having to pay near full price to run 10-15 bots, the margin for error and the profit margin are both extremely slim.

• 4 weeks later...

All the premium scripts should implement the option to 'dismiss' when an ingame operator comes near you. That's why most people got banned...

I saw it one time in a script every time he rightclick on the person and dismiss it...

1 hour ago, casters said:

All the premium scripts should implement the option to 'dismiss' when an ingame operator comes near you. That's why most people got banned...

I saw it one time in a script every time he rightclick on the person and dismiss it...

There's no known correlation between random events and getting banned, Jagex has stated that they are not used in the same way as years ago due to annoying too many legitimate players. If it makes you feel better, you can configure tribot to dismiss randoms from within the client.

image.png

• 2 months later...